Amazing and incredibly delicious cinnamon rolls. Treat your loved ones with these gluten containing cinnamon rolls. They are yummy but I can’t have them. Why am I posting a recipe that has gluten? Because these go back to my childhood! I grew up and was surrounded by these on a weekly basis. The smell of them making still brings back memories from my childhood, and I make these for my son and his children when they come and visit. They love them too.
I am working on making these cinnamon rolls with gluten free flour and hope to post the recipe soon. I might have difficulty making them look this good with gluten free flour, but let’s hope they will look somewhat like this.
I love the way these rolls look.
Easy Cinnamon RollsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 packages active dry yeast 4 1/2 teaspoons
2 cups lukewarm milk
1 teaspoon granulated sugar to proof the yeast
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cardamom
about 5 cups unbleached flour
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1.4 cup melted butter
1.4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg white, lightly blended
- Add yeast to 1 cup of lukewarm water and add the sugar. Set aside for about five minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, sugar, salt, and cardamom to the 2 cups of warm milk and beat for 30 seconds, using the beater blade. Stir in 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture and mix until well combined. Mix in the beaten eggs.
- Gradually stir in the remaining flour and mix with the dough hook for about 10 minutes. Remove dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured counter. Knead by hand, add a little flour if the dough is still sticky. Knead until dough feels satiny and smooth.
- Divide the dough in half. With a rolling pin, roll one half of the dough into a rectangular shape, about 22 X 13 inches. Spread dough evenly with half of the softened butter, about 2 tablespoons. Sprinkle dough with cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll the dough starting from one side until all of it is rolled and then cut it into about one inch slices. Place the slices on a baking sheet and let them rise.
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees. Once the cinnamon rolls have risen, using a brush, brush the egg white on top and sprinkle with a little sugar before placing them in the oven. Bake until done. Serve.