Amazing and incredibly delicious gluten free cinnamon rolls. Treat yourself and others for any occasion!
I recommend below any number and combination of gluten free flours to use with this recipe. You will have to experiment to find what flour or combination of flours works best for you. This is a win-win endeavor because the product of your experimenting will always be delicious!
Notice the outstanding presentation of this product!
Easy Cinnamon RollsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 packages active dry yeast 4 1/2 teaspoons
1 cup lukewarm water
1 teaspoon granulated sugar to proof the yeast
6 tablespoons shortening Crisco
1 cup granulated sugar
- Add yeast to 1 cup of lukewarm water and add the sugar. Set aside for about five minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add shortening, sugar, and salt to the 2 cups of hot water and beat for 30 seconds, using the beater blade. Let cool to lukewarm temperature. Stir in 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture and mix until well combined. Mix in the beaten eggs.
- Gradually stir in the remaining flour and mix with the dough hook for about 2 minutes. Remove dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured counter. Knead by hand, add a little flour if the dough is still sticky. Knead until dough feels satiny and smooth.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. After the dough has doubled in size, remove it from the bowl and divide it in half. With a rolling pin, roll one half of the dough into a rectangular shape, about 22 X 13 inches. Spread dough evenly with half of the softened butter, about 1/4 cup. Sprinkle dough with half of the brown sugar, raisins, and cinnamon. You can omit the raisins, but my family loves them.
- While the rolls are cooling, make the frosting. In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Frost the cooled cinnamon rolls generously!