Treat yourself and guests to this delightful pastry. Good for any occasion at any time. Go for it!
Almond BarsCourse: DessertsDifficulty: Easy
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day.
Total Fat 16.8g (22%), Saturated Fat 8g (40%), Cholesterol 61mg (20%), Sodium 169mg (7%), Total Carbohydrate 43.8g (16%), Dietary Fiber 1.7g (6%), Total Sugars 27.4g, Protein 3.9g, Vitamin D 11mcg (54%), Calcium 47mg (4%), Iron 1mg (6%), Potassium 142mg (3%).
8oz almond paste
1 cup butter, melted
1 & 3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 & 1/2 cups flour mixture
1/2 cup corn or potato starch
1 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sliced almonds on top
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan and add parchment paper at the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, mix almond paste with melted butter until smooth with a hand mixer or a mixer. Add eggs, almond extract, and eggs. Mix until well blended.
- In a small bowl, mix the flours, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture in with the eggs and blend well. Pour in the pan, sprinkle sliced almonds on top and bake about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- I have found that baked goods cook faster in a convection oven than in a traditional oven. Shorten cooking time if using convection oven and check often so it does not dry out.