pinaatti ja artisokka-dip
For those of you who gain a few pounds at the mere mention of artichoke and spinach dip or spinach and artichoke dip, just don’t mention it, but please do check out this recipe. It contains no sour cream, cream cheese, mayonaise, butter, heavy cream or any such ingredients.
So take a few deep breaths and relax as you read about and then prepare a wonderful appetizer. Enjoy!
Artichoke and Spinach DipCourse: AppetizersCuisine: PartyDifficulty: Easy
Perfect appetizer to get your party started. (112 calories per serving)
1 cup raw cashews (soak in water night before use, or few hours before use if pressed for time)
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 stem celery, chopped
1 package frozen spinach, thawed, or 9 oz fresh
1 (8 oz) jar quartered artichoke hearts
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (56g) finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray a small baking dish (1 quart size) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain the cashews and place them in a food processor or Vitamix with the artichokes (including artichoke liquid) and blend until the cashews have formed a smooth paste. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil if needed for liquid.
- In a small saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the chopped pepper and celery. Sautee until the vegetables are translucent. Add the fresh spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Pour the mixture in with the artichoke-cashew mix in the food processor. Now add the frozen spinach. Pulse the food processor a few times to mix these ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly into prepared baking dish. Add the lemon juice and shredded Parmesan cheese and mix well. Smooth evenly. Adjust seasoning. (You want it to be spicy so it will taste good with crackers or chips).Top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F (177°C) until heated through and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers or toasted baguette slices.