Here is your go-to Zucchini Soup recipe, of course sans onion and garlic but every bit as delicious as those soups with these ingredients. Let’s dive in.
Zucchini SoupCourse: Soups
Nutrient information forthcoming….
1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours to overnight
3 zucchinis, chopped
1 small green bell pepper
3 stalks celery, chopped
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
32 oz chicken stock
3 bay leaves
8 black peppercorns
1 teaspoon Mexican tarragon
2 inch piece of fresh ginger (peel & chop)
- Soak raw cashews in enough water to cover overnight, or at least 4 hours. Drain.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan, add the vegetables, parsley, black peppercorns and bay leaves and sauté until pepper and celery are soft.
- Place all the vegetables and 1 cup of the stock in a Vitamix and blend until smooth. Pour it back in the saucepan.
- Add the cashews in the Vitamix with the rest of the stock. Puree until the mixture is smooth. Pour the pureed cashews in the saucepan and mix. Bring the mixture to boiling. Stir to prevent burning.
- Soup Topping
- Rinse the Vitamix. Add the carrot, bell pepper and ginger with enough light olive oil to be able to blend. Blend until smooth.
- To serve, ladel the soup in a bowl. Drizzle the ginger sauce on top and serve.