Delicious gluten, dairy and onion free pasta.
Gluten and dairy free Shrimp Alfredo is delicious and healthy for you.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups water, about
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 stem celery, chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz of gluten free pasta
- Drain the cashews and place them in a food processor or Vitamix, add 1 ½ cups cold water and puree until the cashews have formed a smooth paste. Add more water if needed to bring the texture like heavy cream. Use 2 cups of the liquid in total.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the pasta until done, drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the butter and oil and the chopped parsley, pepper, broccoli, and celery. Sautee until the vegetables are translucent. Add the cashew cream and seasonings and mix well. Simmer until the liquid has heated through and broccoli is almost done.
- Add the shrimp and cook through. Add the pasta and mix carefully. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve.