Nothing like a delicious carrot soup (herkullinen porkkanakeitto) to bring good health.
Delicious Carrot SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: SoupDifficulty: Easy
A single serving of this recipe has 277 calories. Note the following nutrients and the % Daily Value (DV). DV tells you how much of a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. A 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Total Fat 25g (32%), Saturated Fat 2.8g (14%), Cholesterol 0mg (0%), Sodium 384mg (17%), Total Carbohydrate 11.6g (4%), Dietary Fiber 3.6g (13%), Total Sugars 2.8g, Protein 5.6g, Vitamin D 0mcg (0%), Calcium 78mg (6%), Iron 1mg (8%), Potassium 350mg (7%). Recipe analyzed by verywell.com.
1 cup of almonds with skin (soaked overnight)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 stalks of celery
1 small red or yellow pepper
2 inch piece of ginger
Small bunch of parsley
2 bay leaves
8 whole black peppers
32 oz Vegetable or chicken stock
2 cups of water
Salt and pepper
- Cilantro Puree
1/4 cup of pine nuts
Small bunch of fresh cilantro
1/4 cup of dark olive oil
- Soak almonds overnight (or at least 4 hours) in enough water to cover when they expand.
- Chop carrots, celery, and red pepper. Pour the 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium saucepan, add the carrots, celery and bell pepper and sauté until vegetables are translucent and carrots are almost cooked, about 10 minutes. Add the chopped ginger, sauté for a minute or two. Add the chopped parsley and the rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook until carrots are done.
- In the meantime, drain almonds and puree with 1 cup of water until smooth in a food processor or a blender.
- Pour contents of foor processor/blender into a small stockpot and add another cup of water.
- When carrots are done, pour all these ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth (even the peppers and bay leaves). Pour this pureed mixture over the pureed almonds in the stockpot. Stir and bring to boil. Remove and ladle into bowls.
- Prepare the cilantro puree: Puree in blender the pine nuts, cilantro and olive oil until smooth. Spoon this cilantro mixture over the soup.